We have an important request for the community to vote to approve an amendment to our neighborhood’s “Restrictive Covenants,” the document that outlines the rights and restrictions of owners and properties in Liberty Lakes, and the rights and obligations of the HOA.
The document has never been updated since it was originally filed more than 20 years ago. After requests from many neighbors, a volunteer committee and the board updated and modernized the covenants. The proposed changes have been reviewed by the HOA’s legal counsel and the board unanimously voted to bring the update to a vote.
- Find the three current covenants documents here
- Read the proposed updated covenants here
- Read information on what changed and some FAQs here
We believe the update will allow the board to be more proactive and help with the concerns and needs of our neighborhood. It will help us in continuing our neighborly approach to keeping Liberty Lakes a beautiful and safe neighborhood.
Please note the following about this vote:
- ONE vote is allowed per household. If more than one vote is received from an email assigned to the same address, the first one received will be used.
- You are voting to approve the entire document with all changes.
- If 75% approval is received from each “phase” of Liberty Lakes (see FAQ for more information), the covenants will be filed with the county recorder’s office and become official. The outcome will be shared via email and on the HOA’s website and Facebook page.
How to Vote:
Homeowners on our mailing list will receive an email with a link to execute their vote through an e-signature program used by the HOA legal counsel. Anyone who would like to vote by mail, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request paper copies.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this vote!
LLHOA Board of Trustees
- Melanie Farkas – President
- Audrey Denk – VP
- Rick Karr – Treasurer
- Daryl Halvacs – Secretary
- Breck Brown – Trustee
- David Hawse – Trustee